Sunday, August 06, 2006

Leadership

First, I thought I could place my trust in the company. But I found that companies aren't constant. They fold, change and downsize. Some companies are terrible to work for. Others, not so bad. I found that I cannot give my allegiance to the company.

Then, I thought that I could place my trust in the leader. But I found that leaders aren't constant. They die, transfer and quit. Some leaders are terrible to work for. Others, not so bad. I found that I cannot give my allegiance to the leader.

Next, I thought that I could place my trust in the work. But I found that work isn't constant. It gets automated, redesigned and outsourced. Some work is terrible to do. Other work, not so bad. I found that I cannot give my allegiance to the work.

So, finally, I found something I can trust. It's constant...doesn't get downsized, transferred or outsourced. It's never, ever terrible.

I found that I can give my allegiance to...

Me!

I believe in myself. I am loyal, loving and trusting of myself, so no matter which company I work for, who my boss is, or what type of work I do, I find satisfaction and excellence.

No comments: