Sunday, July 27, 2008

Night Walker, a.k.a. Who kidnapped the #@%*& sandman!

Why do I have to be close to brain death in order to get any sleep these days?!?!?!

I just lay in bed tossing and turning, until the covers are a mess and I'm all sweaty and frustrated. I just can't sleep, and nothing's working.

I don't want to drink a glass of wine, because then I'll get all sentimental and cry (more than usual) and I might drunk-dial someone. (Yes, I'm a lightweight drinker.) And I'm afraid to start taking any sleeping meds because I don't want to get addicted. (Or do I...?) Just kidding.

I've been writing a TON since Jack was deployed - both online and in my journals (I have a record FOUR journals going right now).

Alright. I've got to get a handle on this. It's 1:48am on Monday and I need to be at work early - like in 5 hours! YIKES!

But, don't worry, I'm not insane yet. I'll let you know if it gets REALLY bad. Maybe. :)

Wish me luck... I'm going to go try again.

Oh, and if you see the sandman, would you send his punk ass my way, please?

1 comment:

Medic Mom said...

Welcome to the elite few who can actually function as Night Walkers! Its amazing how your body can adapt! If you're ever awake and want to chat, I'm up just about every night. AND I'll be working nights in the next couple of weeks! I hope it gets better. Try Unisom - its over the counter and not addicting! It may give you the nudge you need to slip into a good sleep!