Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
* My hands
* I'm a great mom
* I have pretty green eyes
* I love a wide variety of music
* I have a great job
* I'm friendly and enjoy being around people
* I am kind to others
* I love children
* I'm funny and quick to laugh
* I sing in the shower
* I am a good sleeper
Have a great day, me!
Monday, August 22, 2005
* Spent more time with my grandma Reka and asked her more questions about her childhood
* Worried less about sleep and more about how fortunate I was to have little people who woke me up in the wee hours of the morning
* Been more selective in my choice of husbands
* Discovered earlier that I am a good woman
* Listened to my mother more often
* Studied harder in school
* Danced at high school parties
* Stuck with playing the trumpet
* Given more attention to the world around me
* Burned less bridges
* Kept in close contact with my Aunt Sonnie
* Listened more closely to the lessons my Grandpa McKee taught me
* Not worried that I was a little overweight
* Never gone to live with my biological father when I was 18
* Told my GG just one more time that I love her and that it made me laugh we she called peeing "going tinkle"
* Committed to memory every moment of my life from birth to age five (it was fabulous being me during that time!)
* Understood how very much my grandparents and great-grandparents loved me
* Not fallen in love with every boy or man who gave me the time of day
NOW...Things I wouldn't change for anything...
* Joel, my first-born, music-technology-alien-loving, graphic designer, computer freaky son
* Sammy, my energetic, intelligent, video gamer, student of life, I Am My Own Person son
* Rachel, my spiritual, inspirational lover of life, Get Involved With People and Projects angel of a daughter
* Mikey, my Work In Progress, army-man, football player, funny and smart and We'll See What Comes Our Way son
* My talented and loving mother, who never ceases to amaze me
* My beautiful sister Rachel, who is the best mother on the planet
* My extremely talented brother Cameron, who just became a daddy
* Having Mark for a stepdad - the lessons were intense and valuable
* We Love Phil, my mother's hubby - more good qualities than I can list here
* My friends
* The hard times
* The good times
Thursday, August 18, 2005
If I Had My Life to Live Over
I would have talked less and listened more.
I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.
I would have eaten popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.
I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.
I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.
I would have cried and laughed less while watching television-and more while watching life.
I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.
I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.
I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner."
There would have been more "I love you's"... more "I'm sorry's" ... but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute ... look at it and really see it ... live it ... and never give it back.
Stop sweating the small stuff. Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us. Let's think about what God has blessed us with and what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as well as spiritually. Life is too short to let it pass you by.
We only have one shot at this life and then it's gone.
- Erma Bombeck