Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quotes

"Sure I am that this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not above my endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."

- Winston Churchill

*****

We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.

- Randy Pausch

*****

You can't scrub "ugly" away.

*****

Put your energy into the things you can change and let go of everything else.

*****

The only reason we create distance between ourselves is because we know there isn't any.

*****

Don't panic. Keep a level head. Think clearly. Press on. Be determined. Accept what you cannot change. When life kicks you, make sure it kicks you forward.

- Kay Yow (NC State head coach)

*****

"Do you know the people you are fighting?"

"I don't want to know them. I may have to kill them."

*****

Intermittent panicky skepticism was to be expected whenever you stepped off the cliff, whenever you went into some realm of experience that wasn't modeled and accepted and approved and stuck into a nice frame by society at large.

*****

Life should be a little nuts. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together.

*****

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on so long in the first place.

*****

If you want it, make it happen.

- Mike Jones

*****

Winners lose more than Losers. They win and lose more than Losers, because they stay in the game.

- Terry Paulson

*************************************************************************************

I'm really good at jotting down little quotes I hear that make sense to me or beg to be thought of more deeply. However, I'm not always good at writing down who said what. So, I didn't say any of these things where there's no author listed, I just heard them. But from whom, I have no idea.

2 comments:

Tasty said...

The only reason we create distance between ourselves is because we know there isn't any.

Remember where we heard this? And how I called you and told you I burst into tears when I heard it??

Tina said...

OMG yes, I remember. It's every bit as powerful now, as when we first heard it.

I've got chills...