Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random Thoughts I've Had Lately

Late at night, when I'm supposed to be sleeping, but what I'm doing instead is tossing and turning and getting all twisted up in my covers, I've begun to record some of the thoughts that drift around in my mind. Often, at 2am, I'm under the covers, typing my nighttime ponderings into the notepad on my PDA.

So, here are a few of them. They're completely random...no real rational thought involved:

* fear leads to over-protection. fear also leads to a compulsion to control. i think the concept of control is illusory. and temporary.

* i believe in giving myself away. so what if i get hurt? it's so completely worth it! that means i'm alive! i want to live freely, expansively and experientially, and with great love!

* is there any purpose or meaning in a life not shared with others? an experience, unshared...does it have value? what is to be gained by keeping experiences to ourselves? wasn't life intended to be shared? how does anyone derive any satisfaction or joy from a life unshared? if we don't share, then what is the point of existing at all? i shudder to think how unsatisfying and lonely i would be without people with whom i can share all of me.

They're random and disconnected, but I thought that if I was thinking things like this, maybe some of you are, too. And maybe if you find something we have in common, you might want to talk about them...or share your thoughts...

Much love,
Tina

1 comment:

Medic Mom said...

I.LOVE.YOU!!! You always have a way of seeing into my heart and knowing what I need to hear - exactaly when I need to hear it. You should blog more often!!!