Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Hokey Pokey

I think it's about:

* doing the things you didn't think you could...
* loving people you've never met...
* loving people you've just met...
* loving people you've known a lifetime...
* loving the seemingly unlovable...
* and knowing when to walk away...
* daring to dream wild dreams...
* believing...in everything...but especially in yourself...
* not being afraid...
* creating the reality you want...
* not being afraid to lose...
* taking chances of the heart...
* every once in a while leaping before you look...just because it's exciting...
* stepping off the line of the predictable now...
* eating breakfast for dinner...
* eating dessert first...
* falling hopelessly, totally, head-over-heels in love...
* not second-guessing your decisions...
* trusting your heart...
* choosing a path in life that serves you...
* knowing what serves you...
* allowing and actually enjoying it when people do things for you...
* knowing that time will pass...
* trust...
* love...
* always love.

I don't think I'll ever really figure out what it's all about. Life, that is. At least I hope I don't. Because not knowing makes it magical, like anything can happen. Like, no matter how I thought my life was going to turn out, there is no script. This is as solid and real as I want it to be.

And lately? Well, lately I've wanted Solid and Real. I mean, I want to create them. With someone very special. And I found him. Thank God, I found him.

And we get to decide together what's solid and real.

Always love. My heart feels good.

No comments: