Friday, November 23, 2007
I leaned a little closer and kissed him on the cheek. A faint smile, despite the monster battles. A few seconds later, I gave him another quick peck, thinking how much I was going to miss this little guy over the next four days. He's always amazingly tolerant of my kisses and hugs, perhaps realizing he's the youngest...my baby. And that he is the last of my children small and young enough to cuddle and kiss and spoil.
I considered for a moment that I might be embarrassing him in this busy airport terminal. So, I decided to test him a bit. I said, "What if I count to three and then kiss your cheek on three?" I fully expected a long, drawn-out, "Mooooooooooooom!" But, without looking up, he said, "Okay." So, I counted to three, "One, two, three." KISS! Then, again, "One, two, three" KISS! As I started again to say, "One," he looked up from his game, smiled widely, and said, "Three! Three! Three!"
I am so blessed to be loved by this child.
Monday, November 19, 2007
- Who knew you'd get called on some random Thursday? Stacey
- What's the worst that could happen?
- Let it go!
- Bloom where you're planted.
- Nadie entre aquì sin Amor. Nadie salga de aquì sin Paz. (None enter without Love. None leave without Peace). Katia Caban Matos
- Anything can pass with patience.
- Good enough rarely is.
- Take the first step.
- Ever notice how "what the hell" is always the right decision? Stacey
- How can I make this better?
- Every upset is a setup. It's your higher self setting it up for you to learn. Stacey
- Dream of things that never were.
- If change is good, then you're gonna love global warming!
- Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Einstein
- Fake it until you make it.
- Conviction of the heart
- L'amour donne des ailes. (Love gives wings.)
- When we know better, we do better. Maya Angelou
- One of the most important things in life is helping others to win.
- We hate some person because we do not know them, and we will never know them because we hate them. Charles Caleb Colton
- Everyone is running around on a small high of caffeine and panic.
- I know the heart of life is good. John Mayer
- Because I'm Awesome. Dolly Rots
- Darwin was a badass.
- Common sense isn't very common.
- There is only one time when it is essential to awaken. That time is now. Buddha
- Be not afraid. Joshua 1:9
- Phenomenal woman, that's me.
- Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here, we should dance.
- Just looking at it pisses me off.
- Thank you for being the gift that you are to this world.
- The truth will set you free, but at first, it will piss you off. Gloria Steinem
- We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
- Nobody was arrested very much.
- The experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love.
- The point is to laugh at what you say. Get over yourself.
- Ya habibi (oh darling)
- Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.
- I am not your expectations.
Just thought I'd share.
When you're dead and buried and in the ground, what the hell did it all matter anyway as long as you didn't hurt anyone and you had some fun?!?!?!?!
i can't say it's always been a fun life,
but it has most assuredly been interesting
and i have done LOTS of what i wanted, and screw what was "right" by other people's standards
it didn't always take me where i wanted to go, but i always got somewhere
and nothing is forever, so if i didn't like where i landed, i found a way to get somewhere else
Thursday, October 04, 2007
I went to a funeral today and during the sermon, I heard the following remarks:
"...and we shall all be reunited someday at the homeboy reunion..."
"We must bless the microwave."
This was actually one of the most positive funerals I've ever attended. The pastor did an excellent job of conveying a message of love and hope to the family.
And the smells of greens, ham and cornbread wafting from some unseen kitchen elsewhere in the church?
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Rules: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following...They MUST be real places, names, things...NOTHING made up! If you can't think of anything, skip it. Try to use different answers if the person before you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question. Once you're done, forward on to friends and back to the person who sent it to you. Now go! Or, you know, post.
1. Your Name: Tina
2. Famous singer/band: Tommy Tutone (2 pts!)
3. 4 letter word: Trip
4. Street name: Tantara Bend
5. Gifts/presents: Toe Socks
6. Vehicle: Taurus SHO
7. Items on a menu: Tortilla Chips
8. Boy Name: Ty
9. Girl Name: Tallulah
10. Movie Title: Twister
11. Drink: Tequila Twilight (2 pts!)
12. Occupation: Teacher
13. Flower: Touch-me-not
14. Celebrity: Tyrese
15. Magazine: Taste
16. US City: Topeka
17. Reason for Being Late for Work: Tired
18. Something U Throw Away: Tubes (empty ones)
19. Things You Shout: Too Much Information!!
20. Cartoon Character: Thomas the Train (3 pts!)
Sunday, July 15, 2007
I want to kick ass at work and be rewarded for it. The Universe throws it in my lap.
I want enough money to be comfortable and take vacations from time to time. The Universe throws it in my lap.
I want a man who can laugh with me, likes my children, and intrigues me. The Universe throws him in my lap.
With such an awesome Fairy God Mother (a/k/a The Universe), who needs to win the lottery?
Yeah, it's good to be me.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Spending time with my kids.
 Whose car were you in last?
Theresa's (coming home from the YMCA)
 When is the next time you will kiss someone?
My kids whenever the feeling strikes, which is quite often.
What color shirt are you wearing?
Pink & White
 How long is your hair?
Long and pretty.
 When was the last time you read the bible?
 Last movie you watched?
 Last thing you ate?
 Last thing you drank?
 Where did you sleep last night?
My soft, fluffy, comfy bed
 Are you happy right now?
I have never been happier!
 What did you say last?
"Yes," when my daughter asked me if I would come watch a music video with her in 10 minutes.
 Where is your phone?
Lying on the desk in front of me.
 What color are your eyes?
 Who did you visit last?
My kids and my cousin Carrie Ann and her new baby Carson.
 When was the last time you had your heart broken?
My heart is always open and therefore, it breaks often, because there are so many heartwrenching things in the world. But there are plenty of amazing things in the world, too.
 Who/what do you hate currently?
I have never hated anyone or anything, except maybe spinach when I was 3.
18] What are you listening to?
Fireworks, cars passing by, the radio, my kids talking.
 If you could have one thing right now what would it be?
 What is your favorite scent?
 Who makes you happiest right now?
 What were you doing at midnight last night?
Reviewing a test script for a co-worker.
 Are you left-handed?
 Spell your name without vowels:
 What's for dinner tonight?
 What is the last alcoholic beverage you had?
A mojito, made by my very own son, Joel.
 When Is Your Birthday?
 Last time you went swimming in a pool?
 Where was the last place you went shopping?
The supply cabinet at work. Just kidding, it was Wal-Mart.
 How do you feel about your hair right now?
It's soft and curly and smells really great. I love it.
 Do you have any expensive jewelry?
Yes, thanks to my momma!
 AIM or MSN?
 Where does most of your family live?
 Are you an only child or do you have siblings?
Brother & Sister.
 Would you consider yourself to be spoiled?
Do you know me? OF COURSE!
 What was the first thing you thought when waking up?
Mmmmm....... That was nice.
 Do you drink beer?
 Myspace or Facebook?
 Do you have T-Mobile?
 What is/was your favorite subject in school?
 What are you doing?
Singing along with the radio and typing this.
 Do you have any talents?
Hell yes! Too many to list here. :)
 Have you ever been IN a wedding?
 Do you have any children?
Yes . . . more than I can count. Four I gave life to with my very own body, and countless others I couldn't love more.
 Did you take a nap today?
 Ever met anyone famous before?
 Do you want to be famous one day?
Not on purpose.
 Favorite Actor(s)?
I suppose Steve Martin. When I need it, he really makes me laugh. YOU MEAN I'M GOING TO STAY THIS COLOR?!?!?!??!
 Could you handle being in the military?
I can handle anything.
 Do you believe in Karma?
Absolutely. Sometimes in the middle of an ordinary life, love dances in and spins a fairy tale.
 Last time you went to the gym or worked out?
About an hour ago.
 How many pairs of shoes do you own?
 Last place you drove your car to?
I have a 21-year-old. I don't even think I've held the KEYS in my hands for over a year.
 Ever been to Las Vegas?
No. But if I do, I will take Virginia and Mary with me. See #56.
 Have you ever lived in a two story?
 Have you ever been gambling?
Yes, and it was with two very amazing ladies...Virginia and Mary. They are both in their 70s and had never been gambling before that night. I'll blog about it sometime - it was a great night.
 When is the last time you updated your blog?
A couple of days ago.
 Have you been to New York City?
Nope, but I totally will.
 Ever been to Disneyland/world?
Disneyworld when I was 10 with my momma and my step-dad.
 Do you have a favorite cartoon character?
I'm really fond of Miss Piggy - is she a cartoon character?
 Last thing you cooked?
Ribs, mac'n'cheese, baked beans, corn on the cob and deviled eggs. Yeah, I know - I kick ass in the kitchen!!
 How’s the weather?
 Do you e-mail?
 Last time you were sick?
I don't remember.
 Do you think anyone will repost this?
Friday, June 15, 2007
me: I think that was a Freudian slip.
me: Do you know what a Freudian slip is?
joel: Uh...I think so.
me: No, you don't. Do you know who it's named after?
joel: Yeah, that Freudian dude.
joel: ... [blank look from across the dinner table]
me: Ever heard of Sigmund Freud?
joel: [after a slight pause] Didn't he have something to do with white tigers?
me: What are you talking about?
joel: White tigers. He used white tigers. [now uncertain] Or something...
me: ARE YOU REFERRING TO SIGFRIED & ROY??????? The performers?
Oh.my.damn. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time. What makes it even funnier is that Joel started a web design firm last year. The name of it? PixelEnvy. I asked him a little while ago if he knew what the name of his business was a spin-off of. He did - and correctly answered "penis envy." But he had no idea that was another Freudian concept.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Okay, I've convinced myself.