Friday, November 23, 2007
I leaned a little closer and kissed him on the cheek. A faint smile, despite the monster battles. A few seconds later, I gave him another quick peck, thinking how much I was going to miss this little guy over the next four days. He's always amazingly tolerant of my kisses and hugs, perhaps realizing he's the youngest...my baby. And that he is the last of my children small and young enough to cuddle and kiss and spoil.
I considered for a moment that I might be embarrassing him in this busy airport terminal. So, I decided to test him a bit. I said, "What if I count to three and then kiss your cheek on three?" I fully expected a long, drawn-out, "Mooooooooooooom!" But, without looking up, he said, "Okay." So, I counted to three, "One, two, three." KISS! Then, again, "One, two, three" KISS! As I started again to say, "One," he looked up from his game, smiled widely, and said, "Three! Three! Three!"
I am so blessed to be loved by this child.
Monday, November 19, 2007
- Who knew you'd get called on some random Thursday? Stacey
- What's the worst that could happen?
- Let it go!
- Bloom where you're planted.
- Nadie entre aquì sin Amor. Nadie salga de aquì sin Paz. (None enter without Love. None leave without Peace). Katia Caban Matos
- Anything can pass with patience.
- Good enough rarely is.
- Take the first step.
- Ever notice how "what the hell" is always the right decision? Stacey
- How can I make this better?
- Every upset is a setup. It's your higher self setting it up for you to learn. Stacey
- Dream of things that never were.
- If change is good, then you're gonna love global warming!
- Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Einstein
- Fake it until you make it.
- Conviction of the heart
- L'amour donne des ailes. (Love gives wings.)
- When we know better, we do better. Maya Angelou
- One of the most important things in life is helping others to win.
- We hate some person because we do not know them, and we will never know them because we hate them. Charles Caleb Colton
- Everyone is running around on a small high of caffeine and panic.
- I know the heart of life is good. John Mayer
- Because I'm Awesome. Dolly Rots
- Darwin was a badass.
- Common sense isn't very common.
- There is only one time when it is essential to awaken. That time is now. Buddha
- Be not afraid. Joshua 1:9
- Phenomenal woman, that's me.
- Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here, we should dance.
- Just looking at it pisses me off.
- Thank you for being the gift that you are to this world.
- The truth will set you free, but at first, it will piss you off. Gloria Steinem
- We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
- Nobody was arrested very much.
- The experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love.
- The point is to laugh at what you say. Get over yourself.
- Ya habibi (oh darling)
- Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.
- I am not your expectations.
Just thought I'd share.
When you're dead and buried and in the ground, what the hell did it all matter anyway as long as you didn't hurt anyone and you had some fun?!?!?!?!
i can't say it's always been a fun life,
but it has most assuredly been interesting
and i have done LOTS of what i wanted, and screw what was "right" by other people's standards
it didn't always take me where i wanted to go, but i always got somewhere
and nothing is forever, so if i didn't like where i landed, i found a way to get somewhere else