Monday, August 22, 2005

If I Had My VERY OWN Life to Live Over . . .

I would have:

* Spent more time with my grandma Reka and asked her more questions about her childhood
* Worried less about sleep and more about how fortunate I was to have little people who woke me up in the wee hours of the morning
* Been more selective in my choice of husbands
* Discovered earlier that I am a good woman
* Listened to my mother more often
* Studied harder in school
* Danced at high school parties
* Stuck with playing the trumpet
* Given more attention to the world around me
* Burned less bridges
* Kept in close contact with my Aunt Sonnie
* Listened more closely to the lessons my Grandpa McKee taught me
* Not worried that I was a little overweight
* Never gone to live with my biological father when I was 18
* Told my GG just one more time that I love her and that it made me laugh we she called peeing "going tinkle"
* Committed to memory every moment of my life from birth to age five (it was fabulous being me during that time!)
* Understood how very much my grandparents and great-grandparents loved me
* Not fallen in love with every boy or man who gave me the time of day

NOW...Things I wouldn't change for anything...

* Joel, my first-born, music-technology-alien-loving, graphic designer, computer freaky son
* Sammy, my energetic, intelligent, video gamer, student of life, I Am My Own Person son
* Rachel, my spiritual, inspirational lover of life, Get Involved With People and Projects angel of a daughter
* Mikey, my Work In Progress, army-man, football player, funny and smart and We'll See What Comes Our Way son
* My talented and loving mother, who never ceases to amaze me
* My beautiful sister Rachel, who is the best mother on the planet
* My extremely talented brother Cameron, who just became a daddy
* Having Mark for a stepdad - the lessons were intense and valuable
* We Love Phil, my mother's hubby - more good qualities than I can list here
* My friends
* The hard times
* The good times

No comments: